So Saturday was a heavy work day. I had gone up and talked to Perry about hay, and like I am hitting road blocks everywhere, he didn't have a lead for hay either. He said drop about 100 pounds of horse seed pasture mix on it before the rain and it should help it turn green pretty quick. Hoping he is right I did it. That was over $200 worth of seed. I am down to 2 weeks worth of hay left. Well, while I was out doing that, dad had gone over to get some fill dirt from Benny's pile and Benny brought a bunch over with his bob cat and re-made the bridge. I seeded that heavy and put the last of my straw over it to help it grow quick.
Then today was an interior kind of day. I was in the barn taking some pictures of my babies that I kept back from the spring litters. I culled out more than I am keeping, that's for sure!
Top two pictures are the 2 of 6 total babies from Iron Tail
Presea's trio^ of the 7 she raised. Below is one of 5 that Mirror had.
Funny part was everything I kept back I didn't gender check until after I had made my choices and I kept back all does. I know if any had been bucks I would have been super hard on them because Bucks are hard to sell to start with. I won't give these guys much time to sell when I pull my keepers, they don't sell at Frankfort, when they are 8 weeks old, they will get culled out. I have a litter of torts in the box, and I did breed Kensie to Wily so he has to go as well. Time to trim down.