Thursday, July 26, 2012

Random pictures

Not have much of anything to do this month, it's been nasty hot humid and the drought, then crap loads of rain- rain practically daily- hasn't helped either!
Ben and Jerry are fully grazing and as of today they were cut off the bottle, they're eating a full 6 quarts of grain a day and grazing, they are at least 8 weeks old, if we use the figure of them being a week old(not the 10-14 days like he said they were) when we picked them up, puts them at 8 weeks old tomorrow, and are little chunky boys! 




And I know I never posted pictures of the three Dutch I picked up last Sunday from Kirkland Rabbitry.  Only one was intended to stay here, and that was the buck- who I named Eliot. 
Eliot got his first forray into the public.  It helped with his taming down. 
He got to ride ontop of the calf feed on the way home.


Here are the quick snap shots I took of the two does I had picked up, They are gross and they are cleaning up and the jr doe will be going to Catherine Compton this coming weekend- the Sr doe will eventually be making her way up to NY with Rachel. 
This is Catherine's doe:

And this is their mother, the sr doe- she still needs a name if anyone's got any suggestions:


3 comments:

sheltiemom said...

The boys look good. I do like the color of the chinchilla's. There is just something about that lovely gray color!!

Jim said...

Bahloo looks good! You must have been scrubbing mud before this picture :)

Heather said...

naw, I gave up scrubbing mud. she had actually just washed herself off in the pond! Just look at her legs! LOL.

Maybe we ought to switch to American or Standard Chinchilla's for meat? though I'm quite fond now of the broken black New Zealands.