Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hair chop

I usually grow my hair out long enough to cut it off and donate it, Wigs for Kids.  Normally I wait until I know it's long enough that I can cut it so it touches my shoulder after cutting.  I usually have Hazel do it, but she's out for medical reasons so I had one of the other girls do it.
 A before shot above- taken with the Bathroom mirror- an after a shower shot below.  It's a bit short now- shorter than I wanted to go with it BUT it is for a good cause, I can regrow it and it's lighter for the summer in the Sauce Room.
We shall see tomorrow, when I go back to work how it goes with going under the hard hat and everything.  I'll see later when I go up to ride Heidi how it fits under my riding helmet too.
Speaking of Heidi, Sunday I was up and riding her, she was FANTASTIC.  She's been such a good girl.  She's been off almost 2 whole weeks partly because of weather and partly because I never got over there to ride her.  But with Molly and a friend of hers out riding Ben and Rooster I had Heidi in there.  Gave Heidi the idea of having to work with someone else in the ring besides her, she actually kept going for over an hour.  LOTS Of trotting and plenty of walking since we're both out of shape but she was fantastic.



Sandy was a great photographer, She's off in Florida for some kind of Deposition and Court thing but when she gets back we're going to work on getting her back up on to Heidi and walking around.  We'll get her riding again.  Heidi's so good natured about everything I throw at her.  Hopefully the end of the month will be her last as a pasture board, and she'll go full board in May due to the heat.  She was starting to sweat when I pulled her out of the pasture from being in the sun.  I'm going to try to get her into the stall across from Spencer.  Yesterday was a bum day, cleaned rabbit cages, moved rabbits around and did pictures between the new ones and the ones I've listed for sale.  Today will be back up and ride on Heidi, the weather has been AWESOME for that!  Plus I'll stop in and see Aunt Lisa and Grandma one more time before going back to work for 4 straight days!

No comments: