Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Horsie Grooming day

I spent today, as it got hot today, and I had promised myself to groom the little red gelding that was out in pasture board.  Perry and the boys moved Heidi to the lower barn.  They knew I was nervous as heck, because I know Fortune has just finished healing up from a tendon injury.

I LOVE this boy, Irish Boots a 2000 Chestnut TB gelding by Storm Boot out of Bouillabaisse.  He's off and on lame with his left fore leg.  I'm fairly sure I can get him sound again with some good corrective farrier work and some front shoes.  Maybe if I win the lotto!  He hadn't been touched in about 3 years except for Farrier and shots.  I didn't know that and I just put him in crossties, I waited a few minutes to make sure he'd be alright and then I started grooming.  He stood like an old pro!   



 Perry insisted on paying me to groom these guys so I told him I'd get the other three done tomorrow.  Today we got Bootsie, then to the bottom barn to Mary and Misty.
Last one I did today was my big girl.  She stayed happy and comfy in her stall today.  Had a fan blowing on her head and chest all day while she slept.


No comments: