Saturday, November 24, 2012

Short update

Well Jessica transported down a bunny from mid-north Ohio(Kenton to be exact) for my blue dutch breeding program: 
Her name is Spellmire's Grace.  She'll be called Gracie in my barn.  She's intended strictly for breeding as her markings aren't the greatest but I'll probably bring her back to the table once or twice just for some fun. 
 
With Allen here, I got a load of hay in, 35 bales:
So when Christmas break comes in, I'm hoping to put the last of the hay I need for the winter up in the barn.  I'll have to get it cleared out(especially get them totes out of there) and with the trio of us there we'll be able to get plenty of hay into the barn for the remander of winter. 
 
I also figured out I need to change the gullet on my saddle, the 4x is too wide!!
It should be an easy 4 finger fit between the cantle and her withers.
 
It's sitting too low and close to her backbone/withers now.  Good thing it's an interchangable Gullet on that saddle!  I can change it to teh 3x gullet as her wither's develop and she gets more fit. 
 

1 comment:

Jim said...

Look, Andy is brushing hayseeds off his tailgate.