Sunday, May 31, 2020

Pedicure day!

So technically yesterday was pedicure day but I was too tired to post last night. Michael helped me get a halter on Stormy (my little foal sized one I got at Equine Affair many, many years ago for Dakota, then Bo) and we trimmed her feet.  It was haltering that was the problem, she was fine with him picking her up feet as that is something we have worked on.   Michael said he had a break-away foal halter- it was Tessa's- he will bring me Monday and I'll get it on he rand can leave it on her as it will break if she gets caught on something.  I am hoping that he likes her enough to want her.  I told him he is next  choice so until I get a firm pass from him.  I've got months still, she won't be weaned for another 3 or 4 months.  Today she is 4 weeks old. 







 Noticed a lump on Heidi'sright fore leg.  Not sure what it is, but she's sound on it so I am leaving it alone for now.  Just going to monitor it. 

 Stormy's got some thick legs on her.  Not going to be as thick as Heidi's but def some substance!
 Stormy wasn't too mad at me after the haltering and feet trim, still came back for her snuggles and stractches




No comments: