Sunday, June 14, 2020

Blogger goofing

So for some reason Blogger is not letting me upload pictures so I'll just type for the time being.  

Stormy is growing by leaps and bounds.  She's big enough now that when she rears up against Heidi, she can get her hooves across Heidi's back.  It does explain the mud in certain spots, I thought Heidi was just getting lucky where she rolled in the dirt.  Heidi is still a bit on the thin side so part of me is thinking about adding back in some mare and foal feed.  But a large majority of where she is thin is her top line.  I am still thinking about what I am going to do come fall and weaning time.  What am I going to do, I need to get back to just 2 horses.  So things are going to get a little confusing over the coarse of the next few months.

 The pasture has gotten dry, very dry and  yesterday so I went ahead and washed my car, with dad's help at the quarter place down in town behind Dairy Queen.  It looks good!  I planted the store bought Basil plant, weeded the herbs, lettuce and green onions then watered them.  I was hoping to make it rain yesterday since this morning I was planning on going and getting 20 bales of hay to hopefully hold me for a while longer until I can figure out what I am going to do about the hay situation.   SO Today after getting hay I had intended to go with dad and go fishing- instead we waited out and dodged storms all day instead.  Next weekend is a Drachefeld weekend so there goes fishing there since Slate Creek in Howard's Mill is closed off.  No idea why it's closed but who knows anymore.


I am still working on trimming back rabbits but as usual nothing is selling.  I have seriously quit spending a lot of time with them because I spend a LOT of time with Stormy instead. I just want her to grow up as a good little horse and I feel like I am not there enough during the week.  



Still no idea why Blogger will not let me upload, I will have to check into my settings or something.  Anyone got any idea, that would be great!   


No comments: