Sunday, December 5, 2021

First time Saddled!

 Today Stormy wore a saddle for the first time.  It actually went really well.  First I put the warmblood sized rope halter on it- fit really well I think.  Then I put the saddle pad on her and she was like 'okay, whatever' until the wind blew it up onto her head.  But even then she only took a few steps away from me and then turned to look at me, I straightened it up and as quickly as I could put the saddle on her back, she didn't budge. Good baby horse!   Then I did up the girth- tight enough to keep it on her back, but I could get my whole hand under it so it wasn't tight at all.  






Next step will be to start teaching her to give to pressure.  Then the long lines and ground driving.  That's what we are going to do over the next year.  We also will have to get Patrick out to sedate and check for wolf teeth.  

No comments: