Friday, July 25, 2008

Midsummer Dreamland


The summer evenings have actually really lightened up. Lower temp, lower humidity, and gorgeous sunsets.


I got to house sit at the farm so my evenings(weekends anyway) were gorgeous. I got to sit outside as the sun was setting and get some gorgeous shots. Shame it's a bit too late to enter any in the Washington County Fair. But, with the sun being out Jasmine's eye has flared up swollen again, so it's back to being stalled during the sunny days and put back out to pasture in the evenings.


Kitty, my tort Dutch doe, accidently squished her mismarked baby, so just in case she didn't kill her I weaned off the other baby at 4 weeks, a week earlier than I normally would.


So the dutch baby, which doesn't have a name yet, is in with Natalia, my broken blue Holland Lop Doe. Once she(he?) gets a couple of weeks older I can wean her/him off from Natalia and then Tattoo and show it. Hey, why not.

I lost one of Cate's babies, only two are left, but she squished one of those(I seem to like to have mommies that squish their children) but they're furring up now and I would guess they're going to be Seal colored like their dad.

4 comments:

Ezzyelf said...

Go Cate. I hope one makes it to weining.

shadow said...

I love Neena

Cathryn said...

Ok, it's definitely going to take me some time to sort out the bunnies! Sorry to hear the little dwarf that was fostering didn't make it. Your sunset shot is beautiful. I had a wonderful time visiting up there with you all. I would never have believed it was so beautiful there....

Heather said...

well, there is alot of the bunnies. Blaze, Gabriel, Speedle, Skye, Natalia, Angelique, Calleigh, Calleigh's son- the Hollands. Cate, Cate's two kids, Floppy, Terri, Larry, COlby, Kitty, Amita, Poppy, Shadow, Pepper, Neena, and I just got a mini Lop doe baby to name. I could probably name at least half of their birthdates, if not more of them. and where I got them if they aren't homebreds.