Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hot and wet!!

 Ezzy all stretched out in her cage, she's growing in her jet black adult fur, still all sweet like her daddy, but black like her momma.
 Maverick has been SUPER hot since he's a Fuzzy Lop, he enjoyed the cold tile to lay on and cool off.  Right now the tile is sitting in a bucket of cold water to make sure it's good and cold for tomorrow. 
 Velveteen baby stretched out.  It'll be sad when I have to wean them, and then they sell off to their new homes.

The horses were hot and sweaty this morning when I fed, so after feeding and watering, I came in to clean my room and bathroom, then back out to check the bunnies and decided, I have time, let's bathe the horses. 
Tessa first . . .
 She got almost all the way done.  I've got more ground work to do with her as she finishes out her growth spurt since I couldn't wash her rump and tail.  I forgot to put the conditioner in her mane, next time!
 She just looks so dark while she dries. 
But I will admit, she didn't go out into the feild and roll when I let her loose and brought Phoenix back for his.
 Phoenix was far from amused, but he at least grazed almost the whole time, except when I did his neck and head.  He did get Conditioner in his mane and tail, not his forlock though.  He HATES his head being hosed.  Tessa did better on her head than he did. 
Though I'll have to admit, I never got my head wet doing Tessy, but I kept forgeting when I was scrubbing Phoenix's legs not to lean my head against his side.  So my head was soaking wet when I got done.  Oh well, I needed a shower anyway.

We came in for supper and then Dad called Aunt Lisa to see if she wanted some lettuce, so Mom and I went out to pick her some. 
Plenty there:
 Mom and I:  Okay I'm behind the camera, and the fireflies helped some too.
Now she'll have to tell us which lettuce she prefers out of the three.  Romaine, Salad Bowl and Bib.  Salad Bowl is my favorite, makes great on sandwiches too!

No comments: