Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wow busy month without an update!


Yep, I waited a long time to update. 
Dad and I have been working on the fence,
about a week ago we got the front back up- other than the top strand of barb wire.

 Today dad and I put in the two back posts:

 *yep, the shovel had to stay there for about an hour to keep the post up straight.  This post didn't get sunk 2 feet, but more like 1 foot 8 inches, but it's sitting on shelf rock.
 If you can see it, I have the next 3 wood posts marked out.  The little orange tiny tab then a gray black post and the white post.  There will be 2 metal posts between each one.
I also got the side in the front  by the water hydrant.  Fully up and tacked together, down to where the 4 foot gate is going in, and we tacked it to the power pole but nothing else will get tacked up over there until the maple tree gets taken down, so it doesn't fall on the fence. 

That's the fencing update!
Now horsie update:
I groomed, clipped and applied Freedom 45 to both horses. 
You can see his clipped halter path and the wet streak of Freedom 45. 

 And her clipped halter path.  You can see she's rough on her fly masks. 


 Bunny Update:
I've only got 2 litters of baby Hollands on the ground, one 7.5 week old litter and the other is 4.5 weeks old.    I've been fighting with the babies that I got at the swap meet.  They were weaned off their momma's way to early.  The New Zealand is doing great- thankfully, but the tort dutch baby has passed away today, and the two steels are hanging tough, the buck is doing awesome, the doe is struggling and is on antibiotics off and on. 
The Holland Lop doe I got I have to keep clipping her teeth and today she took a trip to the vets for teeth check.  Hopefully with any luck her teeth will come around with the constant clipping, a VERY high maintence bunny there!
Her top teeth go side ways because the bottom teeth came up over the top teeth.  The picture was after I had clipped them. 
Thankfully she's a docile bunny . . .  Good Girl Saphira!

No comments: