Sunday, June 19, 2011

The new buns . . .

From the Swap meet, I came home with:

Planed:




black New Zealand Doe- which I named Bree.  She's out of a litter of 15 babies, but momma could only feed 12. 


Tort Dutch doe- which I named Sasha.  She's a second gen baby but she's for a mate for Colby.  She's not as well marked saddle and undercut wise that Colby is, but her face rivals his and her stops are gorgeous,especially compared to his.  She's also got one blue eye and one brown eye, a major disqualification, but that means she carries blue behind her.  I will be getting her 2 gen pedigree shortly.

Unplanned:


Steel Dutch pair- unrelated all of the dutch and new zealand are from Darcy, the host of the swap meet.  They are also 2 gen babies and their peds are coming in the same time Sasha's is.  I couldn't resist, got a good deal on the three dutch babies if I took all three.  While these two Steels are not showable, they should produce better marked than they are.  The buck is on top, doe on bottom, neither have names as of yet.


Blue Holland lop doe- a *swap* for the Mini Rex buck I had for sale, she's from Sonya- also lives down there in Grayson.  I named her Saphira, after the blue dragon in Eragon.

*Edited 6/20/2011)  to add pictures*

No comments: