Friday, December 21, 2012

Ponies dressed for Christmas!

It snowed today in KY!!  A little too early to keep it around for a white Christmas but it makes us think twice for the critters!!
Phoenix had no desire to be seen today, he wouldn't picture well at all, but Heidi always poses for me! She's such a goober, just like Jazz was.
Makes me miss Jazz more and more . . .
 
These guys are soo gross from all the rain thus making mud and now snow on them.  Even Heidi got cold.  I'm looking into a rain sheet/light weight water proof sheet for her- just for ugly weather days.
On my return from the hospital for bloodwork, I stopped in to Family Dollar and picked up a Santa hat and reindeer antlers to 'dress' up the horses, and see how far Heidi would let me push on her see how much goofy stuff she'll tolerate that I do to her!
Antler's no problem!! She was haltered and on lead cause I didn't want her running off through the feild and I didn't want them to get lost in the feild!  But she didn't go anywhere!
Phoenix was good enough to do it without his halter on.
He even tolerated the Santa Hat which Heidi thought was a head eating monster!! 
So while they ate dinner I looped Heidi's rope on the fence and measured her in case I can get her a rain sheet.  The hatler slide on very easily and it's not that snug at all- she definently fits into warmblood sized stuff. 
I also changed Phoenix into his heavy blanket, he was Really cold!! Poor old man.   
 
 

No comments: