Saturday, August 23, 2008

Abby's such a good girl!!! And Jazz gets to loaf around and get fat!


What a life! My skinny tall mare, Abby get ground work this morning before she's allowed to eat, but Jazz could eat. Jazz is soo spoiled and just gets to loaf around. Abby got saddled up for the first time today and she was soo good. She's a little stiff to her right side, she wouldn't bend that way for me. And I tested her too, I *tried* to mount up but I don't have the strength in my right foot to be able to jump high enough to get up on her, she's too darn tall. The whole time all she had on was a rope halter-such a good girl. I was helping Gena(after I let Abby out), with her rescue mare, Whinney(kinda rescue, she felt bad and Whinney was emancipated when she bought her) and was giving her pointers on how to help bring Whinney back around before winter. I told her if she doesn't get weight on Whinney by winter the mare will die of the cold- blanket or not. The two of us were talking about trail riding together probably next spring, with the way Whinney's coming back so slowly, and I might possibly breed Abby next summer. It was very very exciting. Don't know how I'm going to sleep today. Yes, Jazz will still get her chances to go out riding too, but I'm working on getting an Aussie/Endurance saddle for her, she doesn't like my western, and I don't like English.

The Washington County Fair is almost over, ends tomorrow. Maybe I'll go by there for a few hours today.

Whinney to the left- Pretty Chestnut

Abby to the right and Jazzy below. Cannot resist taking pictures of the two.

Well the bunnies are all very good, I weaned Cate's two babies off and Looking for homes right now.

I might have a home for a rabbit, Comet, Cate's baby girl or Cate's baby boy. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Show coming up in two weeks, All of my Dutch are going some hollands and probably both Mini Lops will go.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Abby is so pretty!!! I don't mind riding western. I will have to come vivsit so I can ride Abby. (I just won't have time for a vacation like that till summer though)