Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More Horses!!



















She is considered a medicine Cap Horse. She's got one totally blue eye and one 1/4 blue eye, it's kind of weird. I'm hoping to have some decent weight on her by winter, something about the guy i got her from does sit weird with me, mostly in how can she be THAT skinny if he was graining her twice a day. Even the thoroughbreds on the track don't get that skinny. And the way her knee is and everything, I've been watching her move, she can still trail ride once I correct that bow-leggedness and put some weight on her.


And Jody's the youngin that I've worked with since he was a year old, he's 6 now, and still not completely broke to ride. I started him with a saddle at a year and a half old and he's okay with a saddle, I let someone get on his back with he was 3, but still, to this day doesn't take a bit. No trainer will let me put him in a bitless-said it would ruin him, so I'll just lay on his back every once in a while or I'll put my rope halter on him and go for a walk around the yard and driveway. He's such a good boy, I kind of wish I could buy him from Gena only so I could put him in a hackmore and do whatever I wanted to with him. And just so you know, I did not take that picture, Rachel did when she couldn't find me, she came out to the boys, (You can see Eeyore and Dakota's feet under Jody) and found me just laying with him. Ahh well, it's bed time for me but as per the request, I got more pictures of Abby up to see. I'm actually kind of thinking of breeding her over to a Bay Quarter Horse across town and raising the foal to ride. Not sure yet, have to talk to a vet first.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I think a Stop and turn or a hankmore would be great for him. It definately wouldn't ruin him!!! Glory (my horse) has a Stop and turn (type of hackmore) and she is great!!! A bit would have ruined her!!! We tried the most gentle tpye of bit we could find for her and she HATED it. I wanted to do dressage with her, but you have to have a bit. And she would not work with a bit. She would take the bit and put her head down. Then she would start galloping around the arena. Mrs. Kim (my riding teacher) told me to grip the reins and sit back in the saddle. Basically wait her out.

sheltiemom said...

I've heard the term medicine hat before, is that the same as cap? And why is she considered one? What's the difference?

Ezzyelf said...

I love the eyes