Thursday, January 29, 2009

Two left.

Two bred does left. Skye killed her 4 babies, and Calleigh's last surviving baby died this morning(I was supplimenting Amita's milk with a bottle, but it got squished from the other babies), Angie reabsorbed her babies(No Holland Lop babies this spring ready for the first show). I rebred Skye, but this time back to Blaze. She has this strong dislike for Gabriel, she was teasing the boys, throwing her butt up in their faces at either end of her cage so I figured she's asking to be bred, so I sent her back to Blaze.
I've got Neena building her nest and Lana getting chubbier. Lana's not mine, she's being boarded and I get first pick out of her litter in the stud agreement for using my buck. Tomorrow morning I should be able to get into Amita's box and get week old pictures of the babies. I can see their markings and their color now, and yes, all blue as expected. Neena's I fully expect Tort from(Tort mother and father) Lana's going to be a guessing game as to the color. She's a gray and was bred to a blue, they could come out blue, black or gray. *Shruggs*
The horses were very happy to go back out this morning. 24 hours they had been inside and Jazz is too hot blooded a horse to stay in her stall for that kind of time. I tossed her blanket on and her halter and put her out as soon as she finished her grain. I hadn't even put the hay out yet. She was kicking her heels up and running around like the nutso she can be.
I also finally got my truck out of the driveway. I didn't have the snow tires on so last night my truck almost refused to move around the driveway. It really is a wonder how just a simple set of snow tires actually helps as much as they do. The truck goes back to the shop tomorrow morning for new brake cylinders and new brake shoes for the rear. It shouldn't be too bad. Though two weekends in a row without my truck will drive me mad. I shall get pictures up tomorrow!

1 comment: