Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bun Bunny update


Well Mocha went home to Sheri, Mocha was the first bun I sold in Kentucky, a little chocolate/Seal colored baby out of Poppy.  She's been with me for almost 3 weeks to breed with Arthur.  Was in for 10 days, in a cage of her own until she proved not to be pregnant, and then back with Arthur for 5 days.   
This is Mocha:


 Sheri's son asked me if I could bring his Chinchilla doe back home and put her in with Arthur, so now this doe is here.  She's gorgeous, but I prefer regular fur Chinchilla over the rex fur Chinchilla.  Arthur wasted no time getting on her!  She'll be going home on Sunday.


I brought this little doe home for myself.  She's an actual blue-Otter.  Sheri just didn't need as many as she had.  She remembered when she sold me Gwenyth(Smokie's sister) that I had wanted a blue otter, and Gwen turned out Opal, not otter and gave me first dibs on Smokie.  I took the chance!  She's going to go to the show with me on Sunday.

 I had two sucessful litters born, the dutch litter born on the 20th to Amita; the Holland Lop litter was born 21st to Skye.  I mixed up the babies for a few days just to make sure the holland babies would make it.  These two-tort holland, black dutch are in Skye's box.

These five are in Amita's box.  Sable Point and black holland, 2 black dutch and 1 gray dutch babies. 
The dutch babies are for Tractor Supply, one holland might go that way, I'm keeping the sable baby and at least one other, I might keep all three until they show.  I'm switching back the Holland babies over the next couple of days, back to Skye since she's taking super good care of her babies, unlike last year with the single Blaze baby

1 comment:

Anne said...

You have some really amazing rabbits!