Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lunging Jazz under tack

I had hoped first thing today to get Jazz and Phoenix both out lunging under tack so once their teeth get floated Pheonix can get back out into harder trail riding.
It started to rain so Jazz was the only one to get out.

Blind-side in to me.  Wasn't terribly bad, moved right out as I asked her.

Had a temper tantrum moving out in that direction, as she didn't like blind-side out away.  I kept talkign to her and she eventually moved out nicely. 
 
Letting her nibble a little on the grass, with a loosened girth.   

 *This* is why I polo her legs when she goes out.  She for some reason 'always' knicks the insides of her legs.  Her's is protection from herself.  Phoenix is for comfort and stability for his arthritic joints and Tessy's is for support to her growing legs. 
See Rachel?  Those red ones that you had picked up for me- Originally for Bo, I had asked for mini sized, but you couldn't find them, so I kept them anyway, come in handy.  They fit Tessy perfectly, and Jazz too.  The Blue ones I picked up for Tessy are beyond too big for her, but they'll fit Phoenix.  I have green ones that are even smaller than the red ones.  Comes from different brands I guess.  I use the green ones on Jazzy and Tessy too. 



We shall start doing more bending excercises to loosen up those stiff wintered muscles on all three horses.  Few minutes on each one every morning, they should limber and loosen back up by early to mid March.  Then Phoenix out under saddle(hopefully- Depends on when his teeth get floated)  and Tessy will be out under saddle/bareback in April.

No comments: