Sunday, August 14, 2011

Several Days of Fencing and Mittens

Dad found this ad on Craigslist for 35 wood posts, $120 Mercer County- late Wednesday night.  So Thursday I texted the guy and We took off for some posts. 

 Starting the unloading process, we ended up with a total of 39 posts, but still for $120 yeah, they had a little rot on the bottom but with some cement they'll hold strong again, plus they are still very sturdy to begin with.  A vast majority of them were put onto the trailer- the guy was awesome, him and his Great Pyrnese- Clamity- helped us load them.

 We got some in the truck as well.  Several of the posts when I loaded them I retorted- that's one for Aunt Lisa!  Wayy to big for the little auger to dig a hole for it.

As for today, I went up to TSC and got the last of the metal T-posts that I needed.  For some reason I didn't think it would be so tiring to drive them in.  I got 15 done, 22 still left to drive in. 
 But the back looks great!  A few out of line, it didn't help that the string line snapped on me a few times.  Poor old string, I don't think it'll survive much past the fencing project.
 All the posts from teh side gate to the back corner aren't down the full 2 feet so all got some cement in them.  One 80 pound bag did three posts as the posts are still huge compared to the holes that had been dug for them.


Now for Mittens.  He's a bit of an odd thing.  Someone dropped Momma and 5 kittens off at our house on Friday.  Momma and two of the kittens are majority black with some white, 3 kittens are black.  So I picked up the friendliest kitten and moved him into the barn to be my mouser. 
 He loves getting his head scratched and he enjoys sitting up on my rabbit grooming table since Gabriel can't get to him and moleste him.  He's neat looking with white whiskers. 

"Do I see something moving??"
Hopefully he does do the job of mousing.  That's the New Zealand box so he's still awfuly tiny.  Gabriel is bigger than him, and with Gabriel loose, he kept riding him like Mittens was a doe in season . . ..  Mitten's has only hissed and run away from him.  The bunnies scare the kitten. 
If Mittens doesn't work out as a mouser then I'll give him away to a pet home or something, but he's friendly and it won't be horrible cost wise to keep him as a mouser. 

No comments: