Monday, August 22, 2011

Sorry No pictures

Again, Sorry there is no pictures, they are still on the camera.
Fencing update:
Up through today we have finally gotten all the perimeter fencing done, with the exception to the small bit by the front gate.  That will be finished up tomorrow along with the two fencing pens around the barns so the ponies don't go and visit the bunnies.  Then hanging 4 gates tomorrow, both 10 footers and 2- 4 foot gates, the third 4 foot gate was hung a bit ago.  Hopefully tomorrow evening the ponies will be back on our side eating the grass over here so we can let the Roark's feild rest up for a little bit and thicken with the constant mowing down to lawn height. 
Horsie Update:
Also tommorrow evening I'm going to take Phoenix out for a short ride, but mostly to watch Megan and Tessa together.  I want to see if polo's on her legs and a lighter rider is a good combo.  If so I'll talk to Megan's mom about a free lease on Tessa for a year or two and then I'll have to get Phoenix a feild companion.  Tracey gave me a couple of options to find out who owns that drafty mare in the feild behind Francine's place.  One of two people.  Tracey said good luck if it's the people that are land leasing Francine's place, they are hard to deal with, but the Amish can also be hard to deal with since I am a women.
Bunny update:
I've sold a few more Hollands, I'm defenently going to weed them down to just a few.  I haven't been able to sell many at all and they are certainly too small to eat, at a live weight of under 4 pounds . . . yeah.  I've got ads up looking for a solid red and a broken red New Zealand, to gain strength in my red's lines.  I'm also gearing myself up to work back into my dutch as a side of meat and show.  I'm really starting to rethink my rabbitry and the only pet type rabbits I want to have are my Velveteen Lops, with a couple of Holland Lops and a single pair of Lion Heads.  The others are dual purpose show/pet and meat, so the Dutch are going to make a comeback- steels, blue and torts anyway- no more grays (Sorry Aunt Lisa, I know they were your favorite color!)  as the Hollands thin down.  I should go into winter with around 10 Holland Lops, and several may or may not make the winter with their ages(2-5 yr olds and 1-4 year old).  

anyway, I will have pictures up tomorrow both of the fence and of us riding. 

1 comment:

sheltiemom said...

Yes, we are waiting for pictures!