Monday, September 12, 2011

Meet Oprah, the Percheron Mare

So I ahve already started the search for my next riding horse, and Aunt Lisa sent me the craigslist post on her and I set up a time to go see and check her out- still waiting and hoping Tess sells soon. 
Her name is Oprah and she's a black Percheron mare.  He's only asking $800 and he'll deliver her.  Yes she still needs a little work, but she was a real sweetie. 

 She doesn't look that big from a distance.
 Very thick and short neck. 
 Massive hindquarters, part of it is she's chubby, but part of it is that she's super wide.  Heidi's not even that wide. 
REALLY big mare, but I loved her!!! 
Now just need to get Tess sold.  If Oprah does come home with me soon, she'll get a name change and a few other things that need to be done.  I cna teach her to not lean when her feet are done, and getting her mane and tail cleaned up.  She has a gorgeous forelock, goes halfway down to her nose.

No comments: