Thursday, January 12, 2012

Weather no help!

Well Originally I was going to see how much of her training she remembered but that didn't end up working too well as it kept raining off and on.  And when I put Cathryn's treeless saddle on her with my smaller english girth(46") it was too BIG.  Need a 38 or so to use the treeless with Heidi. 
We just walked up the road, checking out traffic and ground respect to stay at my shoulder.
We are still working on that.  We did quite a few circles, backing up and other mini side lessons to keep her attention on me.
There we go!  Her head at my shoulder, that's where it was supposed to be.  Of coarse if there hadn't been the breastplate on the saddle it would have been on her belly instead of her back.
I pulled her head around and was showing mom something when she snapped the picture.   I used my rope halter cause everything is muddy and her halter-black and white- was too clean to get dirty that quickly.  I don't want to try to get it white again. 

Onto the bunnies side of my world:
I traded Tina, one of my red New Zealand does for Rosie3, whom I called Ruby and I'm going to try breeding her to Stryder(Tina's brother) and keeping a buck out of the litter to replace Stryder and all the red's father Aragorn to farther the pedigree out. 
Here's Ruby:
And I picked up a Holland Lop doe that I had sold to a lady, she couldn't keep her any longer so I brought Adele home with me.  She looks soo much like her daddy and super friendly just like her daddy.


And for Aunt Lisa's amusements, here's some comparison pictures of Xena's babies o a Nestle Purelife water bottle(16.9 Oz)  The babies were born 12/29.  They got HUGE fast!!
The whiter baby is a buck, the darker one is a doe:

No comments: