Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bunny Pics!


These are the two boys, the red from Trina's first litter and the broken black from Xena's first litter.  After about an hour or so of contemplation on them, I'm leaning towards moving the reds out and just keeping broken blacks as the reds we don't know for sure-anymore- that they are purebred, and it could be the rex-gene that is making them harder to peel when we butcher them.  We were told the original 3 were purebreds(Rosie, Trisha and Aragorn) but with Rosie2's litter to her father producing 1 rex fur-it comes down to the rex gene coming out of Aragorn, which means we could throw Rex fur quite often now.  Rosie 2, Ruby(Rosie3), Trixie, Trina and Stryder are all offspring of Aragorns.  Rosie2 and Ruby are out of Rosie1 and Trixie, Stryder and Trina are all out of Trisha.  Just 'cause none of mine have thrown the rex fur doesn't mean it won't happen.  It's too scary a thought to me adn reds are soo hard to find.  I was set to sell a few of them as purebred New Zealand reds and now I'm not so sure.  I'll make a buyers note for them so they know it's happened.  But for now, I'll look into a second broken black buck that will be unrelated to Kate and Xena and we'll butcher Stryder, this way Alex has a spot to stay(Kate's son, Xena's nephew) and with Trixie moved out(I'll sell her to a breeder,she's an awesome mom) I'll keep one of Bree's broken babies and I can look for another unrelated doe, if Lisa wants, so she'll have two broken black does that aren't related, or she can keep one of Kate's spotted babies. 
As for the dutch, I'm seeing what I can do to trim down completely without losing too much in the way of my bloodlines and still keep some for show.  Blackberry's looking to be moved out as she'll only throw black offspring, Ebony's going to come back to show before trying a date with the blue buck- shes a black but out of a blue steel so she should throw some blue with a blue buck.  Dixie's staying also, even though she's black because she's also out of a blue and should throw blue with the blue buck-but in her case, she has time to wait as she's just a baby still.  The others are going on a hit or miss cycle right now, I've got my pair of grays(Tonya and Syd) and the three steel does, Keisha, her daughter Natalie and Anna whom stay and the pair of torts, Kansas and Colby.  I *might* keep a steel buck out of Keisha's litter, but I am not positive on that one yet. 
Anyway, just meer ramblings of a crazy person.  I bid thee fairwell.

No comments: