Sunday, March 4, 2012

Horsie pics, New bunny cage and Ayden pics!!

Well Aunt Lisa went to Georgetown to pick up a rabbit cage for Kate(full wire floor-even in the hutch) and she grabbed one for me as well, a 3 bay 'death row' cage for behind my barn.  The roof was a bit rotted but the floor wire was still in decent shape so we reinforced the floor with some new 2x4's, replaced a few of the door latches and put in one new feeder. I moved the horses across the road so they could wet their lips on some of the greenish grass. 







The guys working on the cage, before we moved it.

Here dad and Allen were using Roofing tar to seal in the metal edges.  We ripped the old partical board off, put a new one down and then used dad's extra metal roofing and made a metal roof on it.  Should outlast the floor wire.  Then we tried putting some of the roofing tar on my comfy rubber boots to seal up the holes.  We shall see how that works!


New Partition in place, back to making it 3 bays.  The end two bays are going to be for bucks since they are smaller and the middle one will be for does as they can live longer than bucks, bucks just get nasty above 6 months. 
Allen replaced two of the door latches, and repositioned the only working one.  We killed off one battery to the drill, good thing the backup was charged and ready to go!  Now battery #1 is getting recharged. 

Heidi watched us for a while as we worked on it.  She seriously needs a bigger halter.  That's the biggest one I could find and it's still too tight.  I'm trying to order one from Walkers- 1" double ply nylon.  
I took Heidi's bit and put it in the nylon draft bridle and it fits perfect.  I have a red one identical to the purple one, coming in for Bahloo so I'll have it fitted to Bahloo once it gets here.


Then, Jess came down on Saturday, and she brought with her puppy boy(I know, he's 5 years old- not exactly a puppy) Ayden's been sleeping with me, I do miss my puppy boy.  He's got some weight to lose, and he is oversize, his sister-Avery, is almost 4 inches shorter and narrower than Ayden.


He's an oversize, but that's what I wanted when I got him. 

No comments: