Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fly masks and fence repair

To our knowledge, Bahloo's never wore a fly mask before so I guessed on the sizing and got her an XL.  It looks tiny on her, but it fits-good enough- to survive.  She didn't take it off by night fall.

Heidi Looks interesting with her fly mask on, it actually fits really well.
She also didn't take hers off by night fall.


Totally random moth that had gotten damp so it couldn't fly, but it was neat looking!

Panels up around the corner post that we changed out.  See the old corner post- super rotted!

All wire off the old post and curled back down the fence line. 

New post in, now time to get the stretcher post in and the bracer post and the wire back up!

Wire is back up, but I left the corner blocked off for the night.  I forgot to get the nails to nail the bracer post to the fence posts, so I'll take the panels down tomorrow after I go get some nails!

Just a farther out picture- and Yes, the guide wire is inside the gated off area!
This was taken as I was heading inside to shower- I got gross!

All three of the horses grazing together- not a common sight. I took it while I was removing the wire off the old post. 


Heidi's belly where she keeps rubbing it across the ground.  She itches horribly and I don't know why.  I went out to Walmart tonight and picked up some Betadine solution to scrub her with tomorrow.
Going to talk to the vet on Monday see what Dr. Joe says if she still itches through the betadine scrub and benadryl gel that I got to rub on it tomorrow.  I tried the scarlett spray but Heidi's not a big freak for spraying things so I've been using my Swat(hence the pink, I had pink for Jasmine).  Dr. Joe will get tired of seeing me I think!  But better to go in and chat with him instead of doing the farm call and having him come out. 

3 comments:

sheltiemom said...

I saw the pink and thought she had really made a mess of herself, then I finished reading the caption!

Jim said...

We saw a moth like that over here once. Kill it. Kill it with fire!

Heather said...

Why kill it?? is it bad?? It sure was pretty!