Friday, May 25, 2012

Finally got the cages finished and some pony pictures!

First we'll start with pony pictures.  I finally found the Cashell fly masks in Small for Phoenix.  The 'Horse' sized one is too big for Phoenix, it fits Heidi and Bahloo.
I also picked up one of the fly sheets from Tractor Supply and I got it sized for Phoenix(since I know his size exactly) to see if it runs big or small.  Runs average sized. So as I have the extra money I'll get Bahloo and Heidi their own to be more protective of their summer coats(and bonus for fly protection!)





And after going with Aunt Lisa to pick up Charlie from Flemingsburg, I came home, got the fly stuff back onto the horses and then came back over and worked on the rabbits.  I had to tattoo 4 of the babies that are leaving tomorrow.
After I tattooed I double checked water bottles to make sure everyone had full cool water bottles, I came back over and cut the doors and feeders out of the new cages. 
I brought Zelda over to model for me and I just let her hang out over there with me, I brought her water bottle over so she could drink while I worked. 

Might have to watch where the water bottle sits so it doesn't rot the wood out or find a small peice of tin to put down on there.


Floor looks strong!!



She looks comfy in there, she may not be quite full sized yet but it's definently a good sized cage.



I put Zelda back for the night until I can find the trays for the cages and dad can help me build the supports for the trays.  I have to find more of hte wire edging to protect me, I only have it on the bottom right now, but I'll have to get the sides done as well. 
Now to just heal back up my arms and legs that met the edges of the wire, I came inside a bit of a bloody mess-hands, arms and legs were all exposed cause it was hot outside!!


No comments: