Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Last minute updates before work starts again!

Well today being the last day off, we had mulitple things going today.  First off was Micheal showed up-hence why it rained, we ended up trimming hooves in the barn, but everyone got theirs done.
Then I took down the hanging cages and put the new ones in-all the while it's pouring outside. 

It rained real good for a little while, what had been just a tiny dribble of water going down the drainage ditch became a mini creek:
This had been dry before the rain is now ankle deep.
My crossing is all wet again!

The other day when I stopped by to visit grandma the cows were calling to me to the fence- I think they just wanted alfalfa cubes . . .

The fix on my Breyer didn't hold.  I took the support bandage off after approximately 26 hours took a few quick pictures.  It felt sturdy enough.
But alas, I decided to put Cheyenne back up with the others and the Nokota horse got shoved over by Filine(who doesn't stand well to begin with-I must of bumped the shelf) and it knocked Cheyenne down and snapped the glue joint~had a minor domino effect.  So I took her down and used straight wrap on it until I can get some real Breyer resin/plastic glue and re-fix her leg, she's such a pretty model. 
But wrap and all she withstood the shelf(and I propped Filine a bit better) so it'll stay wrapped until I get the resin glue.

No comments: