Monday, May 28, 2012

Model sorta day

I helped dad replace the window in my room, while he was finishing up the outside trim I took the opportunity to take down my hand painted models and get them spray coated to make them more water resistant(for future baths after they collect dust). 
Left to right: Starbuck, Tessa, Sedonia, Wonder, Jasmine, MoJo, Magic, Blaze


Left to Right: Duchess, Filine, Joyess, Angel

So after I got back inside and the last of them were drying outside, I brought the first bunch in and started to wash my shelf off and wipe down the other Breyers, and Cheyenne(the bay roan) I have I took her down and started to wipe her off and her leg snapped off.
So Super glue and some wrapping later she's standing back on my shelf again and once I know the glue is completely cured, I'll try to resculpt, sand and repaint the break in the leg.
Close up of the wrapping job.  I'm hoping to take this stuff off tomorrow afternoon, so I can see the damage that was done and get some pictures of the break.  This was what I was talking about on Facebook when I said fixing my broken legged horse. 
24 hours for the super glue to 'cure' and then I'll get some new pictures-possibly re-wrap it for support and put Cheyenne back on the shelf with the others until I get the time and putty to fully fix her. 

After visiting Aunt Lisa, Grandma, Jim and his folks, I came home and moved the horses back over to my side for Micheal to trim tomorrow(If it's not raining, if not it'll be postponed) and to let the rain and then couple days of sunshine to give it a boost to get ahead of the ponies munching.


Pheonix and Bahloo are both really sweaty as well, none of the ponies were quite ready for this heat spell.

Heidi's mane was braided to attempt to keep her neck cooler as her mane is THICK. 



No comments: