Friday, December 19, 2008

Horrible Horrible Snow

It's snowing outside right now, 8-10 inches, at least my truck looks completely white again. The poor horses went in early today and I left them with extra water buckets and extra hay since the weather was going to turn even worse. I shall post even more pictures of the horses tomorrow once they go out again in the foot-plus of snow. Pheeny loves the snow, he likes to run around in it. So I'm going to turn him out before I put the hay out, see what happens with the camera in hand.
From last weekend:












Yes, two of Jazz :) I love my Jasmine girl.










The Bunnies are all also very awsome. I should be spring breeding soon. I've got Three holland does(Night Skye, Calleigh, Angelique), my mini rex doe(Poppy) and I might breed the velveteen Doe(Cater) to one of the boys for colorful babies- Most will be sold as pets for Easter, Rachel and I work with a friend that has baby bunnies for pet shops. I might bred out a pair or so of the dutch but Amita's already had her litters for me this past summer and her two daughters, Lizzy and Robyn (Lizzy's technically on hold for a girl in Hudson Falls, but she hasn't returned my e-mails lately) The boys from that litter are all four sale, only four of them. The baby of a different color is a blue tort(very rare color) and he actually doesn't belong to that litter, he's a week older than my babies and it got very cold, Rachel lost a whole litter of dwarves(we had a very cold snap) so I took Uno(only baby that stayed alive in Misty's litter of dutch) and put him in with my babies because it's heated so he's staying with me for the winter. I'll sell all my bucks but Uno will be staying with the two Does, until he or my girls come of breeding age, or Uno develops his manelyhood, then I have to figure out how to seperate him from Lizzy and Robyn.




1 comment:

Marianne said...

You are lucky to get a white christmas every year!!! I never have had a white christmas!!! The bunnies are very cute too!!!