Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Worldly Travels!

Well not really worldly. Thanksgiving was just a big dinner, I missed out on all the fun in Ky! But I still had the whole week off from work and got to play with Pheonix and Jazz all week, besides trying to find some more deer to eat.

Gotta update ya'all on Phoenix, Jazz and the bunnies!!
Phoenix has put on weight, his withers have filled in alot:















I didn't feel like getting butt shots of him fo you to see his hindquarters, he looks like a massive QH (like he should) now and he's soaking up the nice hay and plenty of grain. I might end up cutting him back just a hair so he's not a preggy gelding by spring.

Cami(Camille-Gena's 27/28 year old QH) literally lost a tooth this morning. It appears to have rotted out of her head- From all the research I've done on why, it was probably from poor diet in the past. Poor girl, we're moving her to a softer feed that she can actually eat alot easier than the 12% she's on now. She's moving to a senior feed(Which I had told Gena she needed to be on before but ended up with 12%) that's going to have to stay warm to keep it palatable.

Tooth:















But, pictures of all three (I call Cami my own, She responds to my voice, not Gena's):














And Naturally, my babies which I couldn't live without(Other than the big fourlegged ones): the bunnies! It's gotten colder, I'll be getting their monthly pictures done this weekend so I'll have to post a few of them up this weekend, all 20 something of them would be difficult. (THough it'll probably be my dutchies- they're my Favs! Blues and Torts all the way!) Aunt Lisa, if you happen to find a Dutch breeder around you, that has blues or Torts(Prefer Torts, I've got a lot of Blues right now) with pedigrees if you could find out how much they are(Or their numbers, I can call them), I'm going to have Dad pick one up(it'll have to be a sight unseen for me) and he said he'd bring it home after Christmas for me this way I know I don't have that bloodline, it's not terribly local that way. I've got Jess to agree to bring me a Blue doe from Ohio in March/April, so a Tort Doe out of Kentucky would be great to go along side my breeding/showing prospects.





2 comments:

Marianne said...

Your horses are looking really awesome!!! The tooth was kinda weird, but also very cool at the same time!!! So if you put that tooth under a pillow how much money will the Tooth Fairy give you??? LOL!!!

Heather said...

I don't know, but her grain gets soaked now so i konw she's getting her grain and can actually chew it, Gena got her a hard pelleted senior fed(I told her a soft textured senior for her. at least she finally got the senior part of that)