Saturday, October 4, 2008

Horse pics!!




Well I forgot to add pictures of Abby and Jazz! Silly me. Well I bought them turnout rugs at that last auction. $20 each. Jazzy's is perfect, if not a bit short (her fly sheet was a 69", but the rug needs to be 71" or 72") Abby's sheet, though I measured her at 82" and those are 84", they should probably be 78" but for that kind of price I wasn't arguing really. Abby's is green with blue trim and Jazzy's is Blue with Green trim. Normally I kind of fight myself for blanketing, especially this early but it was very windy and almost 30 last night; Jazz has scrapes on her hips (from rubbing) and Abby's still thin so I didn't want them to get chilled.


And pictures of the babies only 6 days later than the other posts. the grayer looking one(left/first one) is going to be blue, the other is very obvious (to rabbit people anyway) to be blue tort. (Right/last one)



9 comments:

Marianne said...

HOW CUTE!!!!! I want one!!!

sheltiemom said...

Oh, the bunnies are adorable and blue is just the best color. I'd forgotten how cute they are!

Cathryn said...

The bunny babies are absolutely adorable!
So what makes the d-ring snaffles harder to handle? That was what was recommended to me and since I don't know alot about bits, I went with it.. I do always appreciate helpful info!

Heather said...

Blue's really are my favorite colors too(I got one blue mini rex, 3 adult blue dutch and 6 baby blues, and two broken blue hollands and the one solid blue baby :) ) And no offense to Piper, she is the queen, but i LOVED Paige's colors and her pants.

I don't really think the D rings are harder, they might catch the bit a little more than an O ring due to the sharper bends, but the snaffle bits are the nices bits for a horses mouth, they'll keep their mouths from getting sore easier, the harsher the bit the more the horse is liable to fight-at least that's what we were taught in school. I've also learned that the thicker it is(the main part that is in the mouth) the softer it is for them, the thinner it pinches more(correct me if i'm wrong little and big dog mom's) We should have taken you to Walkers and then you could have yourself a ball asking questions of them. or if you have time and a close location, Equine Affair is a really neat place to go- I know my closest one is in Massachusetts in November. they have a website, i just don't remember it offhand.

sheltiemom said...

You're absolutely right, Piper is the top dog but Paige is stunning. She's about the prettiest dog I've ever seen and has the movement to back it up!

Cathryn said...

Well, I did go to Walkers... I just didn't know I was buying a horse when I went there! Who knew I was really this crazy!?

Cathryn said...

No, wait... never mind.. Don't answer that!

Ezzyelf said...

we won't Aunt Cathryn.
Skye: Lookin great

Marianne said...

No Heather your right about the bits. All of Lisa'a dogs are pretty, but I like Pipers coloring the best. I just LOVE the brown coloring on the face. Hince why Gracie has her brown face spots.