Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Poor Truck

Well I'm vehicleless for a few days, I'm driving dad's little car to work for now. No pictures, I wouldn't want to embarress the truck, but it's sitting at Saunder's transmission, getting a new rebuilt transmission. It got started today, so that's a plus. From all the records that we went through on the truck, it never had a new transmission put in it; according to Saunder's that was the pickup truck model's problems was their tranny's went at 100k miles. If the records are correct(which I firmly believe they are) This tranny went 254k before it gave way. They said they've only seen 2 or 3 of them that went that far and so far mine's the record holder (plus for the truck!) Dad and I agreed it was better to fix the truck than to trying using that money to buy a little car and leaving the truck to sit until spring when we could try to fix it ourselves. I'd probably had fixed it anyway, it's my baby I adore that truck! (It's well loved Uncle Jim.) I'll take a picture of the nice pretty shiney transmission when it comes home(which could be as early as Friday!) I got off lucky with it, not elecrical until the 1993's and it's not 4-wheel drive- both would have raised the cost of repair substantially- heaven forbid it hae been newer and 4-wheel drive. This repair is only $1565 but that puts all my other plans onto the backburner until that's paid off. *Sigh* oh well, there's always other times to travel and play.

1 comment:

Jim said...

That was the original transmission. I'd have heard that about those transmissions for years. Nobody could believe the motor went out before the tranny. I put the motor in right at 200K miles. I'm glad to hear that it is in good hands!