Sunday, October 12, 2008

Rabbits!

Well there really actually isn't much to say, my babies are getting older, bigger and the two Hollands have started to hop around the cage, still waiting for the dutch babies to start hopping out of the box-another week. The holland babies are changed color more too. The only proper thing to do is wait until they're three weeks to be able to get true color and sex. Though for my best guesses, the grayish one is a boy and the other(Blue tort, but also starting to look dark sable point now) looks like a girl. I'm fairly good at sexing them, not as good figuring out the true color.

















Well I've also gone Garage-Saleing this weekend. Argyle TownWide is this weekend. I found myself a nice little 6-gun, gun cabinent that just needs new locks and a little work. The wood is scratched and chipped in a few places, but I could sand it and re-stain it and Dad said we could change the locks. $10, so now I can put *my* 257 Roberts (Not quite mine, but close enough), my shotgun, Allen's Shotgun and his 22 and I think dad's going to put a fwe others in the cabinent, once Dad and I get it fixed up. It's pretty, nice artwork on the glass front.









A new one runs at least $300 that I have found, so $10 for this one wasn't bad, and now Dad can take his other guns out of their locking cases where he's got them.






Update with the horses too, Abby's got another person coming to take a look at her today, I can't keep her, she still doesn't like Jasmine and since Jasmine was first, she stays- and not to mention she's my baby. Abby's such a sweet heart, but she needs a more appropriate home. Jasmine has already met Pheonix and the two got along back then, so they should now. I've got one more person to ask about borrowing a trailer to go pick up Pheonix, and if Tammy let's me, I'll go get Pheonix next weekend.




I'll miss Abby, but At least she can be in a good place, besides in my heart. Also hopefully she'll stay in the fence there. She keeps going through the fence at Gena's, I took this picture on one serene morning that the two were leaving each other alone, and Spudley was standing right behind me lipping my hair- and the camera cause it's shiney.
Eventually I ended up putting all eight horses into the one feild and Abby and Jody fought for dominence, both got a little bit beat up, but Abby seems to be the one on top. Jody took chunks from Spudley's neck because Jody wanted all the mares for himself and Jazzy stayed with Spudley. We've got some nice fall foliage and I'll get some pictures today/this week of it and post them next weekend when I'm not working.








2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Are you going to bring any of those adorable bunny babies with you to Thanksgiving? There will already be dogs, cat, horses... The more the merrier, you know!

Marianne said...

Yeah Heather Bring the bunnies!!! I am sure Lisa won't mind. Then Gracie will have a friend to play with. The bunnies and Gracie are probably about the same size.

Cathryn, don't for get about the cute mini that is coming to Thanksgiving.