Saturday, November 7, 2009

E-Town bunny show



This morning, at 6 am I left my house for a bunny show, I know, bit crazy but it was fun, had to scope out the 'local' bunny scene. Here's a few of my guys waiting. Syd, Oreo, Lindsay and Mimzy from left to right.



Two shots of around the room. It wasn't bad, smaller than I anticipated, but then again, Nationals were during the week so the bunnies that flew out to San Diego needed a bit of time off, as did their humans. I'm guessing around 700-800 rabbits total were there, it was a double show so not many. Considering I had almost half the dutch present for open show, that's bad.




A couple of Flemish Giants waiting and resting, now they are some pretty big buns there. Flemmies are 15+ pounds, there's no high weight on them, 15 is low weight.



My Velveteen Lops: The solid blue is the buck, about 4 months old. The Doe, the broken blue, is a proven mother, she just weaned a litter of 5 babies.
I can't wait to see what color babies they will produce come spring. Their parents were both torts, and produced blues. It's exciting.








Still working on names for those two ladies, he was calling the buck Edward, so Eddy again? Oh well.
I'm beyond exhausted so I'm off to put in Finding Nemo so I fall asleep and I've got a bit of rearranging of cages and bunnies tomorrow so the bigger two(between 6 and 8 pounds, instead of my 4 pounders) have the bigger cages.

2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Looks like it was a fun day. Did anybody get to go with you?

Heather said...

My mom went with me, she stayed back for most of it and she hadn't been sleeping and she ALWAYS sleeps when I'm driving(she caught up on some sleep that way!) and she took her allergy med cause she's allergic to bunnies with exception to the rex fur(mini rex, full rex and V-Lop) and woolies. It was fun, Aunt lisa was busy and that hour of the morning, I don't think I'd want to wake her up anyway!