Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bunny Show!!!

With Rachel here for the weekend, we took on that Rabbit show in Lebanon Ohio.  4 Hours of sleep in a noisey care we packed up 8 rabbits and left at 5:30 am.   

 This is the new little doe I bought from the HLRSC secretary.  Her father is the #2 ranked buck in the country.  Rachel got her brother.  I'm still working on names for the ones Rachel brought me down, now I've gotta name her too.
 This is one judge, Judging Colby Jr.  He didn't do tooo badly.
 Freckles, the new New Zealand doe.  I do want a baby outof her, she's got some massive bone and awesome type.  Maybe Aunt Lisa will show her and Rosie once or twice with me this summer, when I show Hollands and the New Zealands.  I should have bought both does they had for sale, I lovie this girl.
 Quick picture of Freckles with Aragorn before I popped her into his cage.  He wasted no time with her either!   If Aunt Lisa wants, I'll hold her for a little while until she gets a cage built for her.  I'll have her in the hanging cages in a couple days once I move a few more rabbits around.  She is bigger than Rosie and Trisha! 
 This is the HUGE group of babies we had to stick in one cage until Rachel leaves me and brings her bunch home then I'll start moving them around again and this cage will go to Freckles.
 Another group shot.  the three lops you can see on the right side are mine, and the blue dutch in the foreground are mine, the others are Rachel's and there's a couple hiding still.
Not exactly in order, but super tiring day.  On the drive home her cell phone died so we had to activate the navigation on my phone instead since we couldn't reach Garmin.

The show room near the end of the show.  We could have brought chairs if we had any.  Opps, oh well.

1 comment:

sheltiemom said...

It looks like fun!!! We'll have to do a couple of shows. I have dog show chairs, I'm sure they'll work for bunny shows. Freckles looks absolutely perfect, I can't wait to see everyone.