Monday, March 28, 2011

Saddle fitting and Fencing!

I did put the saddle on the horses a few mornings ago just to make sure the girths and everything still fit.  I still want to get a better girth for Phoenix.

 Phoenix has the black saddle.  I'll have to get new billet straps, a breast collar and the back girth still to match the saddle, but the saddle is functional the way it is.
 Tessy still has plenty of growing room in my saddle.  Both saddles are legged for me, so you can see where my feet are going to fall on both of their sides. 

Today We did the Roarke's fence.  Aunt Lisa came over to help.  Dad gave her a lift over. 
 Dad said it was her first time on the wheeler. . .
 Wasn't it fun??
 I took that snap from the wheeler of the two sleeping while we worked.
 After turning them both loose.  They still have their halters on, but in a day or two I'll probably take them off so they don't catch them on anything. 
View from the far side of the pasture, facing our barn.  The two are quite content eating away.

4 comments:

Jim said...

It was fun. Lovely day, great company, sunshine, who could ask for more?

sheltiemom said...

NOT JIM!!!! Lisa. STUPID, STUPID computer!

Miranda said...

Love reading your blog Heather! It made me want to update mine. Hoping I keep up with it because I always say I want to have a journal. This way I dont have to write and it'll be there someday when I want to look back :)

Heather said...

Miranda, looking back and reading through them, very weird time warp. I went back to the begining of mine late one night when I couldn't sleep. Wow, I felt kind of weird.
I've been reading yours too! I lovie the cows.