Friday, March 4, 2011

Well no new picture post

Well I did as I promised, no more horse pictures until March 1st.  March first was a call to the vets for Jazzy's eye, I knew she wasn't going to make it.  She is resting peacfully with Magic and most importantly her boyfriend-Starbuck. 

A few old pictures of Jasmine and Starbuck:


And a single shot of Starbuck, you can tell why I was so drawn to Tessy, besides her loving sweet self . . . .

 . . . . and yes he does have the same dorsal stripe as Tessy.

Nelson was right, I had the vet check her teeth and age her and he said someone near 30 years old.  Nelson told me "If it was May in a year that ended with 3, it'd have to be 83, not 93."    Vet said almost the same thing.  He also agreed that what I had chosen was the best coarse of action for the old lady.  Tessy and Phoenix wouldn't leave the fence line until I lured them off with promises of food.  They two are sticking together so close now. 

I'll miss you my sweet Princess!
November 17, 2006- March 4, 2011
In those short few years, you've taught me more than I could ever have asked for.  I knew you had the problems you did and we worked through them.  You helped me through more than you can image as a shoulder to cry on and to give me hugs through everything.  Not a mean bone in your body, you tolerated me learning things on and with you.  I will be forever in your debt for the human training you taught.  May you, my little princess, forever gallop free and be happy, healthy and comfortable with your 'man'.  Though you have tiny hooves, those hooves will never be fully filled.
A religous person at work told me: "The lord needed his angel back, he had to take one back.  He chose her."

2 comments:

Jim said...

You gave her love an happiness. A priceless gift to a beloved friend. Her life was richer for the years she shared with you.

sheltiemom said...

I'm so sorry about Jazz, she'll always be in your heart. She knew she was yours.