Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day babies






Well 3 of 4 dutch have now kindled. Neena's was the bunch I was very eagerly awaiting. I wanted to see how a Tort crossed to a Steel would turn out. I guess I got my answer. Though they don't have fur yet by the skin colors, I'm going to put a guess on three steels and 2 blacks, no torts like mommy.



















Amita's Have enough fur to know 2 Steels, 1 Black and 2 Blue.



















And Robyn's are growing like little weeds. I don't know what it is with my blue dutch, but they seem to keep their first litters, Neena didn't keep her first one that's why I was so anxious for this litter to come.

And Robyn's babies:

Kitty I fully expect to have torts, she's a tort and the buck was a tort.
I've got a person that is willing to take the others, I'm selling the mismarks for meat, if they don't sell as breeding stock. They will go a week or two before I leave for KY. He just asks that I kill them(Rather I told him, he'd have to pay my dad or brother to do it, I just simply can't bring myself to do it) and I've also got Rachel's mismarked babies that we can also use as meat.
Fresh Rabbit anyone? It does taste really good and there are no hidden things in their diets.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Welll . . . . Amita's got two blue steel babies. not a recognized showable color. but one of those 'blues' is almost perfectly marked, which makes me want to cry dearly.

Burning Amber said...

Awww I could never kill an animal or send something that i raised myself for meat, I just couldn't I don't know how you do it!