Friday, May 1, 2009

Babies!



well three of my five mini Rex babies are sold, They were born on April 28th, she had a total of 6, but one was deformed and didn't survive. I checked them again today and one solid black, one solid blue, one black otter, and two brokens (One black, one blue possibly?)










Picture isn't the best, and you can only make out four bodies there. Two pink and two dark skins. She was bred because I had people asking for babies from her bloodlines. So it does thrill me that three of the five are sold.


I do have three dutch and one holland due near the end of May. The holland, Skye, we have a big demand for around here, and Rachel and I can't raise enough of them right now. People seem to want rabbits since they can't have dogs in small apartments, but rabbits seem to be allowed instead. The hollands seem to be the highest demand. Well more of the rabbits later.


Jody is gone, though I'm glad he's gone, now he should be in an place were someone will take good care of him and train him to make something of him.


that's the last picture I took of him, he is 7 year old thoroughbred, he's short, at only 15 hands high, he's heavy and unregistered. He's a heck of a jumper, he can jump and he also has a nice quick turn of hoof too, he'd make a nice hunter/jumper or even a gymkhana horse once he's trained. While I'm glad he's gone, I'm also upset because me and him knew each other very very well, I've worked with him since he was just a year old. I could do so much with that horse. I kind of want to bred Jazz so I can raise that foal completely, that or buy a baby in and raise it.
Not yet, it's too early and I don't have the money or the facilities to train a horse.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Well i'm a bit looney, but i have 6 live mini rex babies. 2 solid blacks, 1 solid blue, 1 broken black, 1 broken blue and a castor(*sniff* no otter for me)