Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sweating horses

 All hot and sweaty even in the shade.  I was shocked that even Tess was covered in sweat, Phoenix was almost dripping.
 Phoenix got to go first, I had to pick up more shampoo this morning so I got the Cowboy Magic stuff and gave him a good scrub down.  He never moved from this spot as I bathed him, He *loved* the cold water.
 This was the only picture I took while I was bathing her.  Her skin is neat colored under the ermines, and you can see the dark strip on her hoof.  I had to scrub it again after this, as you can tell it was still dirty!
 Tessy drying off, we got everything soaped, and this time her mane and tail both got conditioner also. 
 Phoenix was dry before I got Tessy fully done, so while they were up by the fence I gave them their food, so Phoenix could get his joint suppliment- Tess sure doesn't need the food!
 He looks alot shinier now! 
So doesn't Tessy! 
Ryan will be out tomorrow morning to put the pads and shoes on Phoenix so he needed to be cleaned up anyway.  They were bathed around 3:30 pm, and by 7 pm they were sweaty again, it's was just that hot and humid outside.  Tomorrow's supposed to be worse, so I have a gallon jug in the freezer to make a block of ice to drop in their water bucket to cool it down. 

No comments: