Friday, April 6, 2012

Multiple Projects Working!

I've got a few projects that have been halfway started for a while now. 
So when I got home from Tractor Supply- picking up what I forgot yesterday, I loaded some stuff up in the truck and took the truck out to the horse pasture to work on the fencing project.


Pulled everything away from the old fence wire.  You can see what Tess and Bahloo have done to it, so I've got one cattle panel right now that is going to span the longer chunk and I'll be picking up another panel on Monday to do the front side of the barn and the other small peice on the back.  Gates already down. 
All the posts around the barn are now cemented in!

I also wanted to make another big brood cage for my other Brood only dutch doe Tonya.  It takes two of my old metal tray cages, took part of them out and put two of them together to make a 30 x 36 in cage. 
Tonya doesn't understand why she has such a big cage, but she doesn't realize she's brood doe only, she's a mismark but got the body type to kill (figuratively speaking of coarse).  But she doesn't mind her new cage.  Keisha's not so sure on this new neighbor!

THere's both 30 x 36 cages side by side.  There's a little stub sticking up that I'll have dad chainsaw or hand saw off tomorrow that keeps the tray from going all the way in on Tonya's cage, but she'll be okay for tonight.  I've got the 4 smaller cages below the top big two and they're also all dutch, for right now it's Syd, Anna, Colby and a holland doe that was supposed to swap with a tort dutch doe today, but Jennifer got busy.  The bottom 4 cages are all of the last of my holland lops- 2 pairs of them, until my old boys die, at least Speedle needs a mate, Gabriel is fine with or without. 

I took a couple of the spring cage closers off the old wire cages to replace where the one broke on Ebony's cage.  It seems to be working, only I decided to use two instead of one to keep the door closed better.  I might dismantal the rest of the old cages for those spring clips and put them on the hanging cages.  Alex keeps opening his cage! 


Loaded all the old/extra wire into the truck since the truck was out in the pasture with me anyway, to bring it down to recylcling.  Looks kinda funny in there!  There's a bag with the garbage from cementing and the little wheelbarrow that we mixed the cement in, I tossed on top of the wire to bring it back to the shed. 
No real new pictures of the horses, I put one of Phoenix's fly masks on Bahloo so I could stick that one I had gotten Bahloo, onto Heidi so her forlock can hang out and not pester her underneath the mask.  Still got to re-work Heidi's bridle so the bit stays comfortable in her mouth.  Maybe I can get dad out to help me take a couple pictures to show everyone Heidi's Canine teeth- she's the only one that has them!!  Lucky her!
Bahloo's turning so dark as her summer coat comes back in black, and the brown sunburnt hair falls out.  She'll be at least another month or more before we know if she's got a 'hot date' or not.  But at least she's got a nice bridle that will have to get used very soon!
Phoenix is putting on his weight again, He's doing awesome, I watched him running across the feild at all 4 gaits and no coughing or lugging.  Heidi's the only one that still coughs when she does it, Guess it's time to get her furry butt into shape! 

No comments: