Monday, April 18, 2011

Vet visit and Baby Mini Rex

 Tessy and Phoenix this morning, they were happy to get their grain and fly masks.  I bought them new masks so I can rotate their Farnam's with these Cashell's. 
 Munching. 
 I added a purple ribbon to the top of Tessy's so I can tell her's apart from Phoenix's when I wash them or take them off, like I did tonight for the rain.


I put their fly masks back on after the Coggins and Rabies shots were done so the flies didn't bug them too much.  Both stood like statues for their shot and blood to be drawn.  I'm very proud.  The Vet, it wasn't Joe this time, this was an older man but still from Bath Count Clinic and He absolutely loved Tessy, gorgeous.  He was shocked that I only paid $500 for her.  While it'll be around $500 to get her registered, I'm saving up for that.    Phoenix wasn't so happy with his teeth being done.  Though they weren't bad at all.  He was doped up and the big 'ole file in his mouth to file the teeth.  I had to hold him or I'd have taken a couple pictures.  Phoenix walked back into the feild like a drunk horse.  Kinda humerous. 
Later this evening I went back out, once Phoenix wasn't so drunk to take off their fly masks and give them a couple of treats for being so good.  Vet reccomended giving Phoenix a few days before trying to put a bit in his mouth, so I'll work with Tessy first instead of Phoenix.

 Just look at that Face!  Such a gorgeous girl. 
 And she's dappling out in summer coat!


THese are White Gold's babies.  She had kindled 7 but one was a runt and didn't make it, which is common for dwarf breeds, especially on first litters. 
 The Black otter, blue or lilac otter and the opal

The broken Castor, and both broken Black otters.  I adore the spotting on the last one.

All in all, it's been a productive day.  I have 4 rabbits supposed to be meeting with their new owners tomorrow, and I picked up 2 new cages to start replacing my old cages.  I'm going with 24" x 24" and the 30" x 30" from Tractor Supply and/or Southern States and all my metal trayed cages are eventually going to get replaced.  Hopefully by the end of summer. 

1 comment:

sheltiemom said...

I do love those spots!